North Korea will send back the remains of US soldiers killed in Korean war Finally, they are returning home after the 65th anniversary of the end of the war. This information was given in a BBC Online report.
The United States has confirmed that the remains will be sent to a US base from North Korea to South Korea. The relatives of the soldiers killed on August 1 will accept the remains. They have been waiting for many years to get back the remains of loved ones.
On June 12, the US president Trump met in a historic meeting with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un in Singapore. At a press conference after the meeting, he told that Kim agreed to return the remains of US soldiers killed in the Korean war.
In a statement on behalf of the White House, the US government is encouraged to see North Korean positive activities and changes.
According to the US military, about 5,300 US troops were missing in the Korean War of 1950-1953. Earlier on June 21, the remains of 200 US soldiers were returned to North Korea, said US President Donald Trump.