Learn so you can see it with your eyes closed
What you’ll learn:
- Visualise – really vividly imagine – the common data structures, and the algorithms applied to them.
- Pick the correct tool for the job – correctly identify which data structure or algorithm makes sense in a particular situation.
- Calculate the time and space complexity of code – really understand the nuances of the performance aspects of code.
Basic knowledge of programming is assumed, preferably in Java.
This is an animated, visual and spatial way to learn data structures and algorithms.
- Our brains process different types of information differently – evolutionarily we are wired to absorb information best when it is visual and spatial i.e. when we can close our eyes and see it.
- More than most other concepts, Data Structures and Algorithms are best learnt visually. These are incredibly easy to learn visually, very hard to understand most other ways.
- This course has been put together by a team with tons of everyday experience in thinking about these concepts and using them at work at Google, Microsoft and Flipkart.
- Big-O notation and complexity
- Graphs and Graph Algorithms
- Linked lists
Who this course is for:
- Yep! Computer Science and Engineering grads who are looking to really visualise data structures, and internalise how they work.
- Yep! Experienced software engineers who are looking to refresh important fundamental concepts.
About the instructor:
An ex-Google, Stanford and Flipkart team Loonycorn is us, Janani Ravi and Vitthal Srinivasan. Between us, we have studied at Stanford, been admitted to IIM Ahmedabad and have spent years working in tech, in the Bay Area, New York, Singapore and Bangalore.
Janani: 7 years at Google (New York, Singapore); studied at Stanford; also worked at Flipkart and Microsoft.
Vitthal: Also Google (Singapore) and studied at Stanford; Flipkart, Credit Suisse and INSEAD too.
We think we might have hit upon a neat way of teaching complicated tech courses in a funny, practical, engaging way, which is why we are so excited to be here on Udemy!
We hope you will try our offerings, and think you’ll like them 🙂