Attack on military parades in Iran,24 killed

At least 24 people were killed in a military parade in Iran. Gunmen attacked the military parade in the city of Avaz, southwest of the country on Saturday. Civilians have also been killed in the attack. The incident took place on the anniversary of the anniversary of Iran-Iraq war.

Iranian state news agency Islamic Republic News Agency (IRNA) has quoted reports of this incident by various international press. The number of victims of the IRNA confirmed at least 24 people. The Iranian media claimed that al-Ahwaaz, a separatist and terrorist group belonging to Saudi Arabia, claimed responsibility for the attack. It is said that Al-Ahvaz has acknowledged the responsibility of attacking social media.

The BBC quoted Iranian media as saying that the attackers were staying in a park near the parade ground. They were in military attire. They started firing when the parade started at 9 am local time. The attacker was a total of 4 people. In the attack 24 killed and more than 50 people were injured. The casualties may increase further.

The news agency Reuters reported that among the casualties there are many women and children coming to see the military parade.

Civilian casualties were also killed in the Iranian military parade. In the eighties of the last century, such incidents took place during the anniversary of the anniversary of the Iran-Iraq war.

A senior Iranian provincial police official said, “For the past few years al-Ahwaz’s name has been organized by separatist groups in Khuzestan province.” IRNA claims that 13 years ago the group had attacked various areas in the city of Awaz. It killed a large number of people.

Iran is blaming Sunni militants or Arab nationalists for the attack. Foreign Minister Javed Zarif said terrorists attacked Iran with the help of foreign conspirators. Meanwhile, Golam-Reza Shariyati, governor of Khuzestan province, said there were no casualties in the attack on the authorities. The attackers have been resisted. Both of them were killed and two others were arrested. One of the arrested people was injured.

Meanwhile, Iranian President Hassan Rouhani has warned in a speech broadcast on state television Saturday, “America will have to take a fate like Saddam Hussein.” Rouhani also said that Iran will not withdraw defensive weapons. Even the US missions that miss the missiles are not.

Four assailants fired when the parade started at 9 am local time. More than 50 people were injured in the attack. The casualties may increase further. Photo: AFP
Four assailants fired when the parade started at 9 am local time. More than 50 people were injured in the attack. The casualties may increase further. Photo: AFP
Hassan Rouhani commented that US President Donald Trumpp announced the exit of the nuclear deal with Iran and imposed fresh sanctions on the country last month. Analysts believe that Iran’s attitude towards Saudi Arabia and its ally America will be more aggressive in view of the gun attack by the military parade.